- White towels
- Tie-dye kit
- Garbage bag
- Set your white towels in a bathtub with a few inches of warm water and add soda-ash from your tie-dye kit. Swish towels around until saturated. Let them sit for 20 minutes. Wring them out well and lie flat.
- Prepare blue and red tie-dye bottles as instructed by your kit.
- Lay towel horizontally and decide how far down you want the blue widthwise, and then fold the length of the towel in, and wrap a rubber band around the length. Wrap a couple small sections in the blue corner with a rubber band to give the star effect. Keep the rest of the towel folded into semi-equal sections.
- Place a garbage bag underneath the towel to prevent a mess. Use the blue dye bottle to saturate the entire corner of the towel. Use the red dye bottle to make stripes along the length of the towel. You can dip the tip of the dye bottle into the folds of the towel to make more continuous stripes.
- Wrap the edges of the garbage bag over the towel, and put aside for 12-24 hours. Put your towels into a tub, take off the rubber bands and rinse them out until the water is semi-clear. Toss them into the washer with detergent and catcher sheets. Wash, dry, and enjoy!