For the Marinade
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Gremolata
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
For the Salad
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 heads endive lettuce, outer leaves
- removed, halved into 2 inch pieces
- 6 cups mixed spring greens
- 1 corn on the cob, husk removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Combine marinade ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Place steaks in a large ziplock bag. Pour marinade over the steaks, Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Combine the basil, parsley, lemon zest, and garlic to make the gremolata. Set aside.
- Grill the corn over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper rotating on each side 10 minutes total. Slice corn kernels off the cob when cool.
- Grill both sides of the steak for 4-5 minutes for rare to medium-rare. Let it rest for 5 minutes on a plate. Slice thinly against the grain.
- Whisk together ingredients for the vinaigrette. Toss half of the vinaigrette, half of the gremolata, mixed greens, endives, tomatoes, gorgonzola, sliced corn, and red onion.
- Lay sliced steak on top of salad and drizzle with gremolata and remaining vinaigrette as desired.
Original recipe from aberdeenskitchen.com